Tuesday, January 15, 2013

strawberry teeth whitener

hello friends!

three days into the OCM and my face hasn't broken out! while i still can't relax and anticipate that a massive reaction may still be in my future, i do have more confidence in this DIY beauty - and soft skin to boot!

and so, i continue the quest to save money through DIY products. next up? tooth whitener. 

i am a huge sucker for any and every marketing ploy and product out there that offers me whiter teeth. in fact, before christmas, i was very seriously considering getting my teeth professionally whitened. but, in the interest of being on a budget, i instead turn to my trusty friend Pinterest. and the potentials were endless - turns out a lot of people were having the same thought - how do i get white teeth without the big price tag.

the base for all "recipes" was baking soda, which as we know from the face scrub, i have. the specific one that caught my eye though used a strawberry. turns out the strawberry will bring the stains to the service, i'm not sure how that works but sounds like a plan - and at least it would hide the taste of the baking soda. 

- 1 strawberry, medium sized
- 1 tbsp baking soda

I brushed on with a toothbrush, and left for 2 minutes. i couldn't go past 2 minutes as the taste was AWFUL - so turns out i was wrong about hiding the taste. I spent the next 3 minutes brushing it around my teeth. which still didn't make the taste enjoyable, but was at least bearable.

the results were positive, my teeth feel silky and smooth - they are maybe a touch lighter, though certainly are brighter. which, for one application i can't complain about.

before/during/after (top to bottom)

I say, give it a try - most likely you already have the ingredients laying around the house, doing this once a week may not be the highlight but it certainly isn't difficult or time consuming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment