Thursday, January 10, 2013

Extreme couponer - training wheels edition

In third year university I went grocery shopping. And in the interest of being a starving student, I bought nothing but the cheapest of everything.

We'll call that an eye opening experience - half I couldn't eat, half I wouldn't eat. And so I returned to buying a little less of the more expensive stuff. Now though, older and wiser and a healthier eater it is time to find a solution to grocery costs that doesn't require me to give up quality all together.

Insert flyers, which in all honesty have been gathering on my front porch in a pile for about two months, and so they will continue to gather - as I'm doing this the digital way.

Insert FlyerFlo another app for my iPad that pulls in all my local stores' flyers and helps me quickly and easily review them all before heading out. The simplicity of this eliminates every excuse I had in the past of not liking newsprint, not having them all, etc. the only thing that would make the app better would be for it to generate a grocery list based on what I'm looking to buy.

But now, list in hand I'll head out tomorrow for my shop, and be sure to update on the multiple store grocery shop and whether it is worth it, or if saving a couple bucks isn't worth the hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment