Tuesday, January 8, 2013

And so it begins

I never do New Years resolutions. I have always assumed they were nothing more than a fad - to lure you into an overpriced gym membership you wouldn't use past feb 3rd.

What changed? Well, eight weeks ago I started eating clean - no sugar, white flour, or processed foods and the surprising thing? It stuck. I feel better physically, emotionally and most importantly realize that I can stick with something.

So, In the interest of excess I have five resolutions.

1. Lose 5 pounds (seemed the easy place to start as a newbie to resolutions)
2. Bring less work home
3. Brush up on my French
4. Be more self sufficient
5. Be debt free by the end of 2013

And then I got to thinking, 4 and 5 are quite closely tied. I'm in debt as a reflection of spending too much money on pretty clothing, expensive cosmetics and eating out instead of focusing on paying off student loans. Time to refine, or establish, my DIY skills.

Thoroughout the year you'll see me struggle, whether its sewing, cooking or building, and hopefully at the end of this I have new skills and a much happier bank account.

1 comment: