Monday, March 18, 2013

hair disaster! DIY solution.

so my hair is FRIED. which i can only blame on over bleaching and use of heat stylers, pretty constantly. unfortunately as a reflection, my hair is falling out all over the place - well not falling out so much as snapping off.

which means i'm pretty desperate to find a solution before i lose all my hair. insert a DIY hair mask, with ingredients i had in my kitchen. oil is a great moisturizer and will help my dry and fried hair. egg has protein which when your hair is over processed it is in great need of.


Ingredients:
2 Eggs
4 tables spoons of olive oil
Saran wrap

Mix the ingredients together, it will turn a light yellow and look a little fluffy when complete.


Once it's all mixed up, and ready to go, apply the mixture to dry hair, making sure to focus on the roots.  once all the mixture is in the hair, put your hair up in a top knot. i was really surprised, but the mixture doesn't drip and doesn't make the hair overly wet, nor sticky. it's actually a really perfect consistency for a hair mask.

once your hair is in a top knot, wrap your hair in saran wrap and leave on for 15 - 30 minutes.


 i left mine in for 30 minutes. when it was time to rinse it out, it was a little solid in my hair. easy to get out with a quick shampoo and conditioner to give the hair a little more moisture.

overall, the next morning i don't find it to be a miracle cure, but it is a little less awful - which given the state of my hair, is a great development! on the plus side, not being able to dye my hair will certainly help save me money in the long run.

let me know how it works for you - i certainly am curious to know how it works if you're not starting from such an awful place with your hair!

1 comment:

  1. okay, i am going to try, not sure if I will find this comment box again, but thanks for the recipe...

    ReplyDelete